Saturday, August 27, 2005

Heeeee's Baaaack!




And since it seems he is my muse...so am I.

The boy has returned home to Brooklyn and it's about damn time too. He's been gone since the beginning of May and we didn't get to visit eachother all summer. So nearly 4 months later, he walks back in the apartment as if he'd never left. Hmph!

His scheduled return was monday afternoon but of course, he "fooled" me and showed up around 5am monday morning. Aaaaw, such a nice surprise. Can I go back to bed now please?

With the exception of monday, I filled up the entire week to keep us busy. Tuesday night brought us to a concert at the Continenatal Airlines Arena. System of a Down was to be the main event! Our friend called up last week saying he had extra tickets and would we like to go. A resounding "HELL YEAH" was the response. Another good pal of ours came as well and of course we were destined for a good time. We showed up much earlier than we expected and had a good time teen watching. We were, in fact, some of the oldest people there, apart from the poor moms who brought their sons/daughters.

They made me take off my belt. Seriously. I got to the patter downer lady and she made me walk all the way back to the car to take off my belt. They made friend 2 take off his wallet chain. The boy and ticket friend made it in just fine. I would like to take the time to point out that the boy (bastard!) was not only also wearing a wallet chain, but the SAME EXACT belt as mine. We even bought it at the same store.

The show was fantastic but honestly, how are you supposed to enjoy it without ripping your belt off and whipping people across the face with the little metal pyramids? I mean seriously, wheres the fun in that? Nevermind choking someone with your metal wallet chain. They must have known the boy is a highly unexcitable. Did he call ahead? "Hello, I'm quite unexcitable really. Please do not ask me to remove my metal objects as I am highly unlikely to even shake my booty."

Right. So Wednesday and Thursday we worked together. I know, not so thrilling. But after a summer of being apart, it was nice to do normal things again.

Friday...SIX FLAGS GREAT ADVENTURE HERE WE COME! This is what we waited for all week!
"Babe, are we on the rollercoasters yet?"
"Nope"
"How about now?"
"Well we're driving on a hill. Just put your arms up and scream."

We had every intention to arrive at the park at precisely 10am when it opened. We arrived at noon. No biggy, so our day is cut to ten hours of thrill riding excitement instead of 12. We'll just make up for lost time. Our biggest goal? Ride the brand new KINGDA KA! The tallest and fastest rollercoaster on earth!

This is where the day began as we pulled into the parking lot:
"OH MY GOD! Babe! Do you see it? Do you see how tall it is? Oh my god! I can't do it! It's so big!"
"I know! It's huge! I can't wait. I am soooo riding it."

**yes i do realize how this sounds...but at the time it was perfectly harmless I assure you**

"Is it moving? Is anyone riding it?"
"I don't know. I don't see anything."

I watch the entire time as we're pulling in, buying our parking ticket and parking. I'd say 5 minutes.

"Babe, it hasn't moved yet. I wonder if maybe they don't open it until later or something....."

So we enter the park and my original thoughts of running straight to the fast lane booth are blown out of the water by excitement to get on a ride. You see, they have this thing where if you give them your first born and an arm they will give you a little beeper so you can "reserve" spots on the ride and not have to actually wait in the lines. I figured it being as early as it was, we wouldn't be needing it.

First stop, check out Kingda Ka. But wait...why are all these people sitting on the ground. It seems they're waiting for something. Is that a barracade? Let's just sit here like them for a few minutes and see what happens..you know, without asking.

Kingda Ka will not be running until later this afternoon.

Okay, no biggy. We'll just go check out the other rides. Look, the scream machine is right here. Let's do that. Why are people walking back out of the line? Hmm, well we'll just take a chance.

"Folks, this ride is being delayed. Please be patient. It'll be running again soon."

Determined not to be turned away from our second potential ride of the day, we decided to "be patient." It took about an hour to get on that ride. But ride it we did.

Still, I did not go running back to the fast lane booth because I though, surely not all the rides will be like this.

Superman line wait: 1 hour and 25 minutes.

Meanwhile we growled at all the fast lane bastards who kept jumping up in front of us. And it was obvious we were getting cranky but trying to pretend we weren't. Honestly, I'm pretty sure we stood there for that long without saying much more than a few sentences like "I'm hungry." "Oh, there's a Nathan's over there." Then we would be excited about eating after the ride for a minute until the waiting on line part started to set back in. At which point we would try to cheer ourselves up again by saying "I'm hungry." "Oh, There's a Nathan's over there."

We bought the fast lane thing right after superman.

It was cool.

Many rides were broken..half working...or just generally cut off from the public.

Yada yada yada...we left at 930. One half an hour before park closing time. We rode the batman multiple times as it was the only one without a line at the end of the night so we just basically stayed on it. Can you believe it? It got boring. Honestly.

And now we're here. And I leave you with a photo of our original excitement for Kingda Ka in the parking lot at noon. Such innocent times.

"It's HUUUGE! Is anyone riding it??"